Tuesday, May 10, 2005

DO give Chocolate Roses for Mother's Day but pay someone else to make them....

Last week, we had about 10 from our core team make chocolate roses for Mother's Day.



We didn't make chocolate roses, we just bought Lindt truffles ($1.50 per dozen at Walmart), and red cellophane, florist tape, leaves, green sticks, and ribbon. The ribbon is the most expensive! It cost probably less than $80 for 100 roses.

It took 2 hours of 10 people working nonstop. It was a LOT of work! Everyone seemed to like it, though.

We sent out mailers last week for Mother's Day. We had 78 people come out. I was happy with that. I brought my digital camera, photo printer, and I made little booklets for the kids to fill out. It said "A snapshot of my life on May 8, 2005." Then, on the inside, they had to answer questions like "my birthday is...my favorite food is...my family likes to eat at....Jesus is great because....I love my mom because..." And they had to draw a picture of their house. We get some funny answers to those questions! I took pictures of the kids as they came in and printed them out, then we glued it inside the booklet.

I only had 8 kids from age 3 to 7, so it took us half an hour to fill out the booklet. I had them watch a video (Veggietales) for the rest of the time. I didn't know how long it would take filling out those booklets. I will now guess that you figure 4 minutes per kid.

Last night (Monday), we had 9 people at our small group meeting! That was nice. Especially since I'm always exhausted on Mondays, so it's an effort for me to clean the house before everyone comes. When lots come, it makes the effort worth it.

This upcoming Sunday, we will have our first baptismal! Six people signed up to be baptized. We had 9 people show up for our first membership class a couple of weeks ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home