Sunday, April 10, 2005

God to the rescue, again!

I'd been working on a design for our Mother's Day mailing and our whole core team HATED it! I work like crazy designing the thing and then I got nothing but "that's strange, ditch it!" So, aside from trying to keep my feelings getting hurt, I asked for more input on WHAT they wanted as the mother's day postcards. One core team member emailed me and said, "Are you still using that card because I know of at least 4 people who don't like it..." So, reading that email got me furious! I could've just pictured all of them saying, "the pastor's wife HAS to have her own way, blah, blah, blah..." Of course, that's probably not what they said, but who said my brain was reasonable?
SO, I just prayed and prayed the rest of the day and the next morning, that, God would help me find an alternative design which we HAD to have in by 6pm. Because we're doing these mailings, any picture we used had to be royalty-free (which, if you want a cool pic, it becomes difficult).
Early that morning, I found a picture on a weather site. I emailed the weather site to see if I could use their picture. They emailed me back saying they couldn't allow it due to copyright infringement.
Well, at the site, they'd given the full name and a zipcode of the person who submitted that picture. I searched for them on the internet and found 5 matches, none with the original first name (a woman's name). I called the one that had the accurate zipcode and prayed! I got an answering machine and told them who I was looking for and that I saw their picture, blah, blah, blah.
The lady called me back in the afternoon! That shocked me. I mean, would I call a complete stranger back? So, I explained our situation and she told me she'd send me a high-resolution picture, no problem!
I gave her our church website, and she emailed me back saying that she's a Christian too and goes to a Southern Baptist Church, also! I mean, isn't that crazy?? How God worked all of that out? And most of the core team likes THIS picture - so everyone's happy, now!
The front will say, "Behind every mess like this..."the back says "is a mom who deserves a break. Join us on Mother's Day, blah, blah, blah"

.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! Great strategy!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home