Sunday, March 06, 2005

DO have a Launch Day!

I call this day Launch 365. My dh didn't think it made sense. Our church is launching on 03/06/05 - 365. Also, it makes me think of 365 - we should be a church 365 days of the year, not only on Sundays! Anyway, it must be the quirky way I think.

Before I got sent to my class to teach (k5 through 2nd graders) I saw many, many friends and family of ours! How wonderful it was to see them support us, this way. I was a little nervous because that's all I saw. However, after I saw the pictures, I actually see more local-area people in the crowd! We had 120, not sure if that is including the custodian - who's thrilled about being with us during church.

In the afternoon, I was looking through our connection cards. And, there were THREE people that indicated that they made a decision to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior! Wow - that is so exciting! God was truly gracious to us, to allow us the privilege of reaping what we had not sown! A couple of them want to get baptized and a few others decided to recommit their lives to Christ.

Sunday evening, my dh started our first life group, which is to meet at our local ice cream restaurant. He had 7 people show up!

I can't believe the relief I feel now that this day is over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home