Sunday, April 17, 2005

84 in church, today, our 7th Service

Nothing feels better than hanging out on the 'puter, knowing you did everything you were supposed to for the Sunday service. Yesterday, after we got home from the car wash, I worked on our church website, which needed updating. We switched over to a server called christiandesigns.org. They offer lots of "stuff" like chatboards, discussion boards, statistics on who's visiting your site - it's awesome! Also, pretty inexpensive, about $8 per month, prepaid for the year.

I worked on my children's church lesson, and then, dh's powerpoint presentation for his message.

Usually, I get Monday off, because nothing is pressing except homeschooling my 2 kids. But, tomorrow, I have to clean house because we'll have our LIFE group meeting tomorrow evening.

I have definitely come to the conclusion that it's IMPOSSIBLE to do ALL:
1- start a church (or help your dh start a church)
2- homeschool your kids
3- have a part-time home business
4- have homecooked meals
5- volunteer in the community, (such as tutoring, Tball coach, foster care)
6- date your dh and have quality family time
7- keep the house clean

It's impossible to do ALL of that. I've been trying for the past month and it's not working.

Out of the above list, we've definitely done #1, 3, and 5. I'm supposedly doing 2, but I'm not giving them the time they need because I'm doing 3. Because we've had several LIFE group meetings at our house, I've been keeping 7, but have not been doing 4 - I think we ate fast food 5x last week. So, we have been volunteering in the community, but dh and I haven't been on a date in 2 months, now. *sigh* what's harder than choosing between good and bad, is choosing between better and best.

1 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Tiffany Cooper said...

Tess!
I found your blog today through the pastor's wives site. I am the wife of a church planter as well and love it. We started our church in May of 2002 and are getting ready to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. I have enjoyed reading your blog posts and hope to read more. I love meeting other women in ministry, especially church planters.
I have 3 kids...Cale is 3, Cade is almost 2, and Caris is 8 months.
I read your blog about schooling options, it's something I've started to think about more.
Have a great week! Hope to hear more about your church!
Tiffany Cooper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home