Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sports Involvement definitely gives you links to the community

We joined a Flag Football Youth League. Our oldest son wanted to play and so did my youngest. Our middle son would like to take gymnastics, so we'll wait on that until the other 2 are done Flag Football!

We joined the melee of carting the boys to and fro to practice and games. Our Saturdays are spent at the ballfield and 3 days out of the week, the kids are running out the door for practice. It wears me out!! I was really complaining to my dh, but I have seen some benefits to this.

I learned that one lady owns the local dance studio. I'd heard of her but now know her better. Another lady is attending one of our life groups! She's a business partner with another lady who attends our church! We didn't know each other, but as we were chatting we figured out the connections. Perhaps she'll consider attending our church!

Several families knew my dh because he coached T-ball last year. Several are also teachers from our local schools. Slowly but surely, the connections are being made, and people are seeing us in more than one place. Maybe they'll be more open toward our church, because they see us about and around! I hope so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home