Sunday, October 30, 2005

Yesterday was my marathon, Today's is my husband's

Two days ago, I was ready to kill my pastor husband. He was preparing for the Marine Corp Marathon (today), and had all sorts of things planned the day before his marathon. First, I videotaped his message. Then I put it onto DVD with powerpoint slides interspliced. I do enjoy that kind of work, but it required me to work on it from 6pm until 4am (at someone else's house)!

Then, Saturday morning, I had to clean house. At 10am, we went to the school so we could setup church stuff. I went back home afterwards to finish cleaning the house. At 2pm, we had a teen Bible study. It turned out that 6 boys came. At 4pm, we had a membership class. Lovely ladies (the family members of some of the teens that came)! I put out chips and soda, and broccoli and carrots with dip, and popcorn. It was all gone by 7pm. Having 9 boys in the house was a bit crazy (their 6 plus our 3).

Plus, an old friend came over to fix our front porch (the railing was messed up). My husband talked with him at 7pm (poor guy, his wife left him). THEN, my in-laws came over - they were sleeping over so they could go with my husband to the marathon the next day. We ate spaghetti, late. It's a good thing we had daylight savings time change. We got an extra hour of sleep!

I fussed a lot, but once the people were in the house, I really appreciated what God gave us. He gave us a wonderful home in which we could show hospitality. It is a TRUE blessing, one I should never begrudge. I am glad my husband forces me to use this house for the LORD. Even if he decides to do it all in ONE day, lol!

I prepared my children's church lesson, last night, but I got up early this morning. I couldn't help it. So, I feel much more prepared than normal. Right now, my husband is in DC, and has just run 5 minutes of his marathon, lol! I am praying he doesn't die, lol! This is his first marathon. He trained all year. He's aiming for under 4 hrs. There are 30,000 runners, this year!! Whew, I can't even imagine it. I hope my father-in-law gets some good video coverage.

At least I'm done my marathon....well maybe not. I still have to pick up halloween costumes, candy, and food supplies for my son's school halloween party. Tomorrow, the moonbounce will be dropped off in our driveway, and we'll hand out candy, informational cards of our church (oh, I still have to make those), and let the trick or treaters jump in the moonbounce for free. Last year, we had about 250 kids (no advertising, our neighborhood is ideal because it has a sidewalk, and it's a one mile circle). And maybe, Good Morning America is coming to our house to interview my husband about that same issue that was in the Washington Post. That's not a definite, so we'll see. *Big Sigh* I'll get a breather Tuesday and Wednesday, only to gear up for my family coming to visit on Thursday. They are staying the weekend. I'm looking forward to that and plus, it will be the first time they visit our church plant! They are so used to traditional church, I wonder if they'll like our church, lol??

1 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Tess said...

Update: My husband was able to do the marathon in 3 hrs and 51 minutes. Whew. I was really glad because now, he has no desire to run again, lol! If he didn't make it under 4 hrs, he would've HAD to try again!

He was the 3400th something out of 18,000 finishers. Not bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home