Monday, October 24, 2005

Pastor Appreciation Sunday - a surprise?

Not really, lol! First, one core team member called me to tell me to delete the email from my husband's mailbox, rofl! I deleted it without looking. But, I was reading the newspaper and discovered the pastor appreciation luncheon invite!

My husband didn't know about it at all. It was very low-key. We just ate lunch after the service. At least I didn't have to be paraded in front of everyone. I don't like that. They didn't even make me go first! It's funny how different church plants are from established churches.

BUT, I must admit, we received more thanks and more monetary gifts than the first time our former church had a pastor appreciation. Of course, then, my husband was *just* the youth pastor. So, he didn't get any acknowledgement. The following years, they gradually gave more and more. The final year, the appreciation was the most, but was definitely a sugar-coated bitter pill. I'm glad those days are over. All the thanks I need are seeing more and more people trust in Jesus and get baptized. I've also been so blessed to gain new friendships with ladies that are just so sweet and we click! If we're willing to give up that whole list of stuff mentioned in Mark 10:29, He promises 100-fold in this age and the age to come. I've definitely seen that promise come true!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home